Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Downpour

I am smiling

It is fixed in place
But I can only take so much

Tell me what you see
When you look at me

I am smiling
And it is convincing

I seem whole and alive
But I’m dying inside

This fragile smile masks
A pain almost beyond my grasp

I hide it very well but
I wonder if you can tell

This fragile smile is damming
My broken, bleeding heart

Any minute I’m afraid these walls
Will erupt in a sea of tears

I say I am fine, I smile
But I am more than words

I am tears and rain
Falling, falling…

Here comes the downpour…

I have shattered
My smile has fallen

My thousands of hidden sighs
Flow from me like water

I am so broken

I am pouring my regret
As salty tears falling down

I am falling
I am broken
I am tears
I am rain

And I can only smile through the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment