Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Voicemail

the number you are trying to reach
Is not available
Please leave a message after the beep

Hey, it’s me

I know I said I wouldn’t call
But I’m not really sober
And I just couldn’t stop thinking about you
I know we’re over, I know

I wish you would pick up
I feel like I have so much to say
I didn’t tell you a lot of things I should’ve
Maybe if I had we wouldn’t be this way

I saw your sister a couple days ago
Caught up with her it’s been a while
Told me you’re headed out soon
Made me smile livin’ your dreams it seems

Me, I’ve got some things ahead
Lots of changes in store for me
Maybe we can meet up sometime and talk
I know you said no but just this once, please?

I’m sorry, I’m babbling—I’ve had way too much to drink
I shouldn’t have called you
I just really miss you a lot
Wish there was something I could do

If you don’t want to see me, that’s fine
I understand and I don’t want to force anything
I just feel like I need to see you
I need to clarify a few things

We left on such a bad note
I said a lot of things and you need to know
That I never meant them
I said just said them so you wouldn’t know how much you hurt me

I never stopped thinking about you
I never stopped caring about you
I know you couldn’t tell by the way I acted
All I can say is I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to do

Listen, all that doesn’t even matter now
It’s been so long
I just can’t stop thinking about you
Even though I’m sure by now you’ve moved on

If you could just call me once
Just so I could tell you all this for real
I promise I won’t bug you anymore
No matter how horrible I feel about us

OK, OK, I’ll shut up now
I know you’ve got way better things to do
Than listen to this rambling message
I just wanted to say one more thing:
I love---

your message has reached its limit. To leave a message, press 5

No comments:

Post a Comment