Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rainy Day

Woke up this morning to a sky of a gray
Rain, rain, please go away
Tired of these gloomy skies
Wash away my half-hearted tries
To track the light and pocket the sun
It’s hard to find, it’s been gone so long
Water washes out the lines I’ve crossed
The race isn’t over and I feel like I’ve lost
And when I stand in the gray, my strength has left me
Can’t see the light, the skies are empty
And though it’s passed, the heart of the tempest
The rainy day remains-God couldn’t have meant this
Count the drops as they land on the roof made of tin
Count the tears and the hurt over the din
I haven’t given up yet despite the rain
Water’s washing away a lot but what remains
Is strong and solid where it stands sure
And I’m not so unhappy anymore
Maybe God has a way of using the water
To wash away the things that just don’t matter
I’m making my peace and even now
I look up and see sunlight piercing through the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment